Freemotion 850 Treadmill Review: Is IT For You?
Treadmills with good features are known for their hefty price tags. But what if I tell you that you can find a treadmill with the functionality that you need at a much more affordable price?
Many people claim that the Freemotion 850 Treadmill offers value for your money.
But is it the treadmill for you?
What are its features?
You will discover all these information in this Freemotion 850 Treadmill review.
Discovering the Freemotion 850 Treadmill
The Freemotion 850 Treadmill is a commercial-grade treadmill with a powerful motor, decline and incline and high-speed capabilities sold at a highly reasonable price.
The Company Behind this Treadmill:
The Freemotion Treadmill 850 is the product of Icon Health and Fitness, an innovative company with the aim of redefining the way we work out. The company has been in the industry for over 40 years. Understanding how beneficial exercising is, the company designs and develops machines that can change the user’s mood, mind, and fitness level.
The company first made its mark in the fitness industry when they introduced their Incline Trainer. This is the first road simulating indoor bike that employs the cable-based strength training concept.
The Features You Will Enjoy with The Freemotion 850 Treadmill
When buying a treadmill, the most critical factor that you should consider is the equipment’s features. With that in mind, below are some of the features you can enjoy when you use this product:
1. Surface Response Suspension
This treadmill is one of the few treadmills that have a surface response suspension in their running built. The addition of this feature ensures that you will have a soft landing with each heel strike you perform so you can enjoy a low-impact and comfortable running experience.
2. Easy Lift Assist Feature
This treadmill features a space-saving design, meaning you can fold it for easy storage. With the Easy Lift Assist Feature, it is a lot easier for the users to fold it into a sleeker upright position.
3. Program Variety
This product has 32 built-in workout programs that allow the user to enjoy variety in their workout programs.
4. Decline and Incline Capability
You can incline this treadmill from 0 to 15 degrees to simulate the uphill terrain.
An incline feature is already common with some treadmills but for you to fully simulate hill running, you also need a decline feature too, and this treadmill has it. The treadmill can decline from -3 to 0 degrees.
5. Heart Rate Monitor
The treadmill has a dual-grip heart rate monitor. You can also use the monitor in conjunction with chest straps that you need to buy separately.
6. Display screen
It also has a 7-inch easy-to-read LCD Display screen that is compatible with iFit.
7. One-touch Controls
You can quickly change the speed and incline settings of your treadmill with just one touch of a button.
Freemotion 850 Treadmill Reviews:
Get to know more about this treadmill by checking out the Freemotion 850 Treadmill reviews that I have found below:
- In one Freemotion 850 Treadmill review, a buyer shared how easy it is to use the product. She also appreciates the fact that she can use the treadmill with her Zwift and a foot pod.
- One buyer shared that she has been using the treadmill for two years and she has not encountered any issues with it.
- In one review, a user shared his running experience using this treadmill in detail. According to him, the running experience on the treadmill is smooth and not bouncy because the belt has good deflection. He also claims that it is quick and convenient to perform speed changes.
- On the other hand, a user complained about the belt squeaking too much when it is in use.
- Some users also did not like the user interface and claimed that it is poorly designed.
Freemotion 850 Treadmill FAQ’s and Tips
Here are a few more information that you need to know before you decide on purchasing the Freemotion Treadmill 850:
1. How much is the Freemotion 850 Treadmill?
The Freemotion 850 Treadmill retails at a price range of $1300 to $1500. You can buy it in fitness stores and online marketplace sites.
2. Does it come with a warranty?
Of course, this equipment is backed by a Lifetime Coverage on Frame and Motor Parts. In addition to that, the company also offers coverage on parts—2-year labor warranty, and 5-year parts warranty.
3. Whom is This Treadmill For?
The Freemotion 850 Treadmill is designed to benefit the following:
- People who wish to reap the benefits of running without having to leave their homes.
- People who want to incorporate variety into their cardio workouts.
- Devoted people who want to work out even if the weather doesn’t permit them.
- People who wish to lose weight.
- People who want to start leading a healthier life.
- People who want to stay fit.
- What is the speed range of the treadmill?
Using this treadmill, you can be able to run up to the speed of 12 mph.
Comparing Freemotion 850 Vs. Proform 2000
The Freemotion 850 Treadmill is often compared to the Proform 2000 Treadmill as they have almost the same features but of course, these products have their differences. To further understand what these are, take a look at this comparison table:
|Product Name||Freemotion Treadmill 850||Proform 2000 Treadmill|
|Maximum Speed||12 MPH||12 MPH|
|Running Belt||1320 square inch||1200 square inch|
|Maximum Weight||350 lbs||350 lbs|
|Dimensions||72.22 x 33.87 x 57.1||63 x 39.5 x 80|
|Number of Programs||32||32|
Based on this comparison table, we can say that these two treadmills are almost the same with slight differences. Their main point of differences is the size of the running belt (Freemotion has a wider belt) and the product dimension (Freemotion has a more compact size). Moreover, the Freemotion treadmill 850 also has a more affordable price.
Treadmills that offers lots of high-end features are available at high prices. Well, we can consider the Freemotion 850 Treadmill as an exception to this rule.
This product is considered to be a moderately priced treadmill, but it offers a wide belt, decline feature, lots of pre-set workout programs. These features are comparable with the features you can find in high-end models.