Yoga is becoming an increasingly popular hobby for people around the world, strengthening both the mind and body through exercises passed down over generations. (1)
Celebrity endorsements and the introduction of home programs means yoga, in general, is now more accessible and so with this increase has come an increase in yoga equipment.
The yoga wheel is designed to aid your training by releasing tension and generally stretching the muscles used in various yoga workouts.
With the increase in popularity of yoga, has come an increase in demand for yoga wheels and it can be a little tricky navigating the internet and seeing which one is best for you.
Don’t worry though! We’re here to help and have given a run-down of our top 5 best yoga wheels to help you find inner peace and live a healthier, happier life.
Yoga Wheel Reviews: Which One to Choose!
We’ve researched and used personal experience to deliver what we feel are the five best yoga wheels out there currently.
They combine function and value for money, so if you’re on the lookout for a new wheel, check out our top 5 wheels to take your session to the next level.
- Seigla: This is the perfect prop for both amateur to professional yoga practitioners, for use in increasing flexibility, strength and weight loss. The Seigla yoga wheel has been around for many years and is made to last, being easily transferable and a great addition to anyone’s collection of gym gear. Each wheel comes with a lifetime warranty and 60-day money back guarantee. A great, basic yoga wheel for everyone from those looking at yoga as a part-time hobby to the seasoned professional.
- UpCircleSeven: UpCircleSeven boasts one of the strongest wheels on the market, able to hold a whopping 550lbs! It also boasts the thickest padding available meaning this yoga wheel is arguably the most comfortable in our list. Again, designed to improve balance, strength, and stability, this sweat-resistant wheel is great for both beginners and seasoned yoga practitioners.
- Peace: Peace Yoga’s wheel is a good, stable all-rounder for those looking for something comfortable and easy to transport. Industry standard sized, this yoga wheel features durable plastic that won’t flex, or break under your weight. A great example of a wheel, and available in a range of different colors to suit the needs of the user.
- SukhaMat: Great for all levels of yoga, the Sukhamat is on the higher end of the price range but still boasts a durable design and materials along with a range of colors for the user. A great higher end model for those looking at getting into yoga and wanting to improve posture or flexibility.
- Risefit: This yoga wheel boasts THE strongest wheel on the market, able to support up to 1000lbs! Available in a range of colors, each wheel comes with a bonus gift kit for friends and family. Friendly service and high-ranking reviews on Amazon and Google mean this yoga wheel easily fits in our top 5.
2018’s Reviews of The Best Yoga Wheel Brand
Plexus Yoga offers three different diameters for this device to cater a wide range of users. This Plexus Yoga wheel review shares the pros and cons of this product based on customer reports.
The Plexus Yoga wheel is made to help reduce the upper and lower back pain by supporting spine alignment. Makers claim that regular use of the yoga wheel can help improve flexibility, blood flow and reduce pains in the back, shoulder and hips.
The product is made from high quality plastic that’s easy to clean, with yoga mat glued on, so it’s quite heavy and dense. The wheel measures five inches wide to provide users a solid base for users to be able to maximize yoga poses.
Review Plexus vs Dharma Yoga Wheel Brands:
The latter is much easier to transport wherever you’re practicing because it is more lightweight. This yoga wheel brand is perhaps the most versatile as it comes in 7 different sizes. The product is invented by Sri Dharma Mittra, the founder of Dharma Yoga, so when you see and feel the actual wheel, you can tell that it is definitely a high quality product.
The Seigla Yoga Wheel is a great basic wheel that can be used for everyone from the total beginner to the instructor.
Reviews speak about how easy it is to transport to the gym and how well it helps the user with beginner to moderate yoga poses and stretches.
There is some doubt, however, over its use in advanced poses and some complain that it is unhelpful for shorter people in maintaining their stretches.
A great design, good value for money and helpful in developing strength and flexibility in a safe and secure way.
The UpCircleSeven can be seen as a great addition to any aspiring Yoga practitioner’s repertoire. Fun to use but also great for increasing both mental and physical health.
The wheel increases flexibility, as well as aiding performance in developing strength and suppleness.
It is lightweight and portable meaning it can be used at home, or alternatively carried easily to the gym or your next yoga session to give you that little extra bit of a workout.
Reviews state that it is lightweight, portable, and great for adding into your stretching routine. A great overall wheel for a reasonable price.
This yoga wheel is a great mid-range wheel which is highly durable and able to support up to 500lb. Perfect for supporting yoga warm-ups, poses and back-bends, it is high quality, easily transportable and lightweight.
This means it is a fantastic overall yoga wheel which is recommended for users between 5ft and 6ft tall.
Versatile and well-priced, reviews focus on its use in improving backbends as well as being versatile enough to take to the gym and classes. Some reviews have questioned the quality however and some models seem to look a little cheap.
The Sukhamat Wheel incorporates an extra thick cushion for comfort and durability and is eco-friendly with fast shipping.
It can be seen as useful for increasingly flexibility and generally practicing yoga poses in the gym, at home or at your session.
A higher end product, the price is above other products on the market, but reviews are generally good and comment on a high-quality product that is comfortable and easy to use.
The RiseFit yoga wheel boasts the strongest wheel on the market, capable of supporting up to 1000lbs! Each purchase comes with a bonus gift kit for family and friends and each wheel comes with a 3-year guarantee and eco-friendly materials.
Unlike some other products, the RiseFit yoga wheel is eco-friendly and made of foam TPE rather than PVC or EVA.
Reviews state it is good value for money, useful in increasing flexibility and sturdy and durable. Some reviewers have asked for more padding for extra comfort, however.
What Makes Yoga Wheel Value for Money?
There are a number of things to consider when you choose which yoga wheel is for you in terms of value for money.
- The longevity of the product is very important and how well the product ages play a big role.
- The initial cost of the product compared to how long it lasts on average is also very important.
- Does the product do what it says? All these products increase flexibility and muscle toning which can have numerous health benefits but some are better quality than others
- How easy is it to use? Does it have instructions with it?
- Is it safe and comfortable to use?
Benefits of Yoga
If you’re looking for a low-impact exercise to improve both spiritual and physical health then yoga can be a fantastic option for people of all ages.
- Yoga can lead to weight loss, increased flexibility and muscle toning
- Regular sessions can improve both physical and mental health
- Certain forms can be a fantastic source of cardiovascular activity
- It can be a cheaper and more well-rounded form of exercise than simply going to the gym
- It can be done anywhere from the gym to your own home and so is very versatile in terms of the amount of space you need, to the equipment you can use.
What Makes a Good Yoga Wheel Brand?
- Ease of use
- Value for money
- Easy to clean
- Ergonomically pleasing
- A variety of different exercises possible
- A good all in one
So, What’s The Best Yoga Wheels To Buy?
The benefits of yoga are numerous and well documented, helping to bring increased mental health, as well as physical health, muscle toning, weight loss and cardiovascular endurance.
Your main goal and what you wish to get from yoga can determine which style of yoga you practice, with some having a more physical edge, rather than being focused on mental well-being.
Regardless of this and your main goal for practicing yoga, a yoga wheel can have great benefits and can be a fantastic addition to add to your accessory kit.
From our research, we feel the Risefit is the best overall yoga wheel available in our list. Combining a sturdy frame capable of supporting up to 1000lbs, with comfort and a mid-level price range, this yoga wheel would be helpful to anyone from complete beginners to advanced practitioners.
All the yoga wheels featured are ranked highly and provide great support for the yoga practitioner, but we feel if you are truly looking for a long lasting and comfortable yoga wheel to see you through your sessions, the Risefit Yoga wheel will deliver to all your needs at a reasonable price.